The Vice President of Operations for St. Mary's Hospital will be responsible for assuring effective and efficient operational processes in accordance with the Philosophy and Mission of SSM Health Care. The Vice President of Operations is a participative member of the St. Mary's executive team.
Reports to: Regional Vice President/Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Leaders of assigned Network Functions (ex. HIM, Security, Pastoral Care, Oncology). Others TBD.
Interrelationships: Interacts with entity, regional and system personnel; entity presidents; other system local entity Presidents; hospital board and other local groups; local and regional medical staff members; employees and a variety of other publics.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Mission, Values and Standards of Ethical Conduct
- Demonstrates and imparts the mission, philosophy, values and vision of SSM Health Care in daily activities and into operational functions, processes and environment.
- Works effectively as a team member in a dynamic executive environment where collegiality, subsidiary and sharing responsibility is required and highly valued within a matrix organization. Promotes teamwork within and across the network by maintaining positive and productive intra-entity and intradepartmental relationships and utilizing effective problem solving skills.
- Adheres to the SSM Health Care Standards of Ethical Conduct, displaying, as applicable, ethical behavior in the areas of business ethics, legal compliance, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, vendor relationships and the reporting of questionable activities.
- Assures premier customer satisfaction. Implements mechanisms and feedback processed to determine customer satisfaction levels.
- Assures engagement, satisfaction and alignment of employees, physicians and executives to assure effective implementation of strategic and operational plans within the assigned entity.
- Creates an environment in which effective communication and responsiveness to customer needs are personal priorities. Provides timely resolution and response to customer complaints, concerns and suggestions.
- Participates with regional operations council leadership team in the implementation of strategic business plans for assigned entity.
- Operationalizes strategic business plans for assigned operational areas within the region.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Strategic, Financial and Human Resource Planning process for the entity.
- Translates system, regional, hospital and service line initiatives into action plans at the hospital and departmental level with appropriate performance measures.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility through budgetary planning and implementation.
- Incorporates CQI principles into daily activities focusing on process improvements, patient safety and premier patient satisfaction.
- Participates in ongoing continuous quality improvement education and training.
- Responsible for the oversight of effective human resource management for the assigned departments and teams.
- Ensures human resource policies are enforced and administered consistently without favoritism or discriminatory influence.
- Utilizes timely and effective means of informing and updating staff on organizational, system-wide and industry issues. Provides opportunity for staff input and encourages staff feedback regarding improvement opportunities.
Vice President of Nursing - St. Mary's
St. Louis, MO
System Vice President of Payer Strategies
St. Louis, MO
Vice President/Medical Director, Oncology Services
St. Louis, MO
At SSM Health, we are driven by a singular Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. It's a higher calling that binds us. Here, we work together, system and providers alike, to heal the body, mind and spirit of our patients. We are united by a shared commitment to serve through faith, humanity, compassionate care and exceptional medicine.
At SSM Health, diversity, inclusion and equality are integral parts of who we are and a reflection of our Mission and values. We believe that workplace diversity is essential to our success. We seek to foster awareness and appreciation of diversity among our patients, employees, physicians, providers, customers and communities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Missouri - Eastern
From the famed Gateway Arch in St. Louis to Kansas City, Missouri is one of the most livable states in the country. The metropolitan area features a large variety of neighborhoods and communities. With an affordable housing market, trendy neighborhoods, and the booming economic landscape this one of the most attractive areas for professionals. Smaller cities like Jefferson City, our capital, and Columbia, home of the University of Missouri, offer vibrant communities buzzing with activity, yet free of the hustle and bustle of larger metropolitan areas.