Leadership | | St. Louis, MO | Req #: 19001845
Responsible for driving the objectives of the clinical consultancy by partnering with SSM clinical leadership, including planning for the integration and optimization of clinical systems in alignment with the SSM mission and vision.
Collaborate with clinical and operational leadership to develop the strategic roadmap for the electronic health record, imaging, legacy archival and clinical reporting systems.
Responsible for the success of key clinical system initiatives including EHR consolidations, migrations, and upgrades.
Manage a large system-wide team of over 200 FTEs, located in four regions, using a virtual team approach to leverage resources effectively across all four regions.
Responsible for the clinical application optimization strategy, including the hiring and staffing of the clinical consultancy, to manage adoption and optimization inclusive of the training for clinical staff in the use of the clinical systems.
Directly accountable for account and relationship management and service growth associated with 14 affiliate hospitals and SLUCare medical group.
Responsible for working with the office of transformation to build out our digital, telehealth and population health strategy.
Accountable for developing the IHT Project Management function in partnership with the VP of Business- Consultancy.
- Imparts the philosophy, values, mission and vision of SSM Health Care and facilitates the integration of values in CQI activities.
- Understand and exemplifies the philosophy and values of the Franciscan Sisters of Mary and the SSM Health Care.
- Demonstrates and imparts the mission, philosophy, values and vision of SSM in daily activities
- Adheres to the SSM Standards of Ethical Conduct, displaying ethical behavior in the areas of business ethics, legal compliance, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, vendor relationships and the reporting of questionable activities.
- Enables patients to be more actively involved in monitoring and managing their health by providing access to information and electronic communication with their care team through the use of patient centered tools such as MyChart.
- Promotes a strong sense of ownership of the EHR by physicians and clinicians through engagement, training, enhancement, and optimization efforts.
- Works closely with clinical leaders, IT leaders, and vendor partners to maximize the value of the EHR in our single standardized instance environment with on a combination of evidence based and best practice approaches implemented system-wide.
- Continuously enhance the availability, stability and response time of the EHR through a collaborative relationship with the IHT Infrastructure VP.
- Working closely with the CIO and senior business and IT leaders, establishes a prioritized IT strategy and portfolio, closely aligned with the SSM strategy, goals and priorities, which provides an optimized risk/benefit return on SSM's investment in IT. Includes documenting the business case, expected return and on-going support cost, for major IT investments, together with an assessment of the associated business and technical risks.
- Implement a common business analysis process ensuring major projects have clearly defined value propositions, together with an assessment of their risks and estimated costs, enabling them to be compared and prioritized on a consistent basis.
- Support the implementation of an SSM IT governance process aimed at ensuring IT investments are closely aligned with SSM's mission goals and priorities, have the required levels of IT and business sponsorship and support, and are tracked and reported on a regular basis.
- Track the evolution of best practice for IT in the healthcare sector and ensure that this is reflected in future project proposals and investments, together with the outcome of any relevant benchmarking studies.
- Works closely with clinical and IT leaders to optimize the use of the EHR centered on the use of a single standardized instance based on a combination of evidence based and best practice approaches implemented system-wide.
- Continuously enhance the availability, stability and response time of the EHR.
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to the development of the EHR group aimed at constantly finding better, faster and cheaper ways to implement, maintain, upgrade and enhance the EHR system.
- Supports regional variations based on clearly defined business need.
- Identifies ways to make the EHR simpler and more intuitive to use reducing the time required, enhancing the level of use, and minimizing the amount of classroom based training required.
- Ensure the EHR system requirements are consistent with the capacity and skills of the IT function and can be supported on an on-going basis at acceptable cost.
- Master's degree, preferably MBA with other clinical certifications.
- 7 years of management experience in a large complex IT organization at the manager and director level.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a large-scale IT environment with a complex project mix
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to work effectively across the organization from individual contributors to the senior levels of executive management.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate strategy sessions among peers and C-level executives to build consensus and ownership around key projects.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to boards, medical executive committees and other governance committees.
- Ability to take a problem or idea from a concept to building an operational functional design by soliciting input from key leaders within the organization.
- Change agent with a track record of fostering and driving change within large complex organization.
- Tenacity and attention to detail in developing the associated functional requirements, risk assessments, cost estimated and in planning and tracking the delivery of approved projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work largely on their own initiative to identify and address key opportunities and issues.
- Recruit, develop, motivate and retain a high caliber staff, have a keen passion for talent management and talent development.
SSM Health - System Office -
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.