SSM Dean Medical Group, a 500+ physician multi-specialty group, is recruiting for a BC/BE General Adult Neurologist. Expertise and experience in performing EMGs is required. Assume the care of a well-established and busy clinical practice. Additional details include:
- Must have skills and interests in both Outpatient and Inpatient
- Practice includes inpatient consults and stroke codes
- Typical schedule includes 1 hour blocked per clinical day for inpatient consults
- Future stroke program development includes TPA administration with transfer to ICU
- Practice currently averages 20 EMG's and 10 EEG's per week
- Responsible for development of outpatient clinical program at Janesville and Stoughton clinic locations; opportunity for program development leadership
- Call responsibilities shared with Madison based neurology team and will be 1:4 weekends, 1 night per week and local day call; schedule is very flexible
- Call load is typically light and related to stroke, confusion, dizziness, radicular pain, back pain and syncope
- A market competitive two-year salary, sign-on payment and outstanding fringe benefits package will be offered
- Local and regional neurology team with subspecialty expertise
- Collaborative relationship with referring providers - including strong primary care base (located on same floor as neurology clinic), hospitalists and emergency room physicians
- Experienced Advanced Practitioners to assist with established patient follow up, inpatient rounding and headache clinic
- Interventional radiology available 2 days/week (diagnostic angiograms and myelograms)
- SSM Health St. Mary's Janesville Hospital is a modern, state-of-the-art facility
- Opened in January 2012 with an adjacent physician's office complex
- 24/7 Hospitalist program
- Hospital is linked to an e-ICU program based in St. Louis
- SSM St. Mary's Janesville Hospital is part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma
- Janesville https://livability.com/wi/janesville is a mid-sized city of 64,000 offering excellent schools and abundant recreational opportunities
- Centrally located to Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago
- Lower cost of living without big city hassles of traffic jams and skyrocketing housing prices
- From playing golf, hiking and snowmobiling to cross country skiing, there is something for everyone to enjoy
At SSM Health, we are driven by a singular Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. It's a higher calling that binds us. Here, we work together, system and providers alike, to heal the body, mind and spirit of our patients. We are united by a shared commitment to serve through faith, humanity, compassionate care and exceptional medicine.
At SSM Health, diversity, equity and inclusion are integral parts of who we are and a reflection of our Mission and values. We believe that workplace diversity is essential to our success. We seek to foster awareness and appreciation of diversity among our patients, employees, physicians, providers, customers and communities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
SSM Health continues to expand our heritage of healing. We strive to be system-driven by our Mission and a pursuit of continuous improvement. Through this commitment, we’ve established ourselves as a leading integrated health care system in the Midwest — recognized by prestigious regional and national accrediting bodies with awards for performance excellence, quality, technology, safety and patient experience.
SSM Health and SSM Health Dean Clinic have care centers in cities and communities throughout beautiful and progressive Wisconsin. Enjoy a quality of life that comes with a location known for its idyllic lakes, wooded acres and rolling farmlands. Wisconsin is a state that has long set a standard for good government and citizenship. Whether you’re planning to make a home amidst the backdrop of the high-tech businesses and acclaimed academic institutions in the progressive small city of Madison or within the rolling hills and fresh waters that lead people to the Wisconsin Dells every summer, you’ll find a friendly, affordable and peaceful quality of life that makes Wisconsin among the best states to live in the country.