The Clinical Manager, under the direction of the Operations Administrator, is responsible for providing overall leadership and management for a defined group of departments and staff. This position is responsible for assuring excellent patient care, customer service and clinical outcomes. The Clinical Manager works with staff to plan, develop and implement changes to existing operational and health care processes to meet current and future clinic services needs. Accountable for managing, coordinating and planning patient care and business services functions and activities, which include; assuring that a high quality of patient care and satisfaction standards are achieved, adherence of established medical practice standards and proficiency, voice operations, reception, registration, scheduling, frontline patient services and accounts receivable, and physician scheduling protocol management to include outreach site coordination. Decision making in order to manage daily functions and work toward continuous improvement in a team environment is a crucial element of this position.
1. Manages the clinical and business daily operations for defined departments, which will include the hiring, documenting performance and discipline, performance evaluation and mentoring of staff, as well as competence assessment.
2. Maintains a cost effective, adequate non-physician staffing plan.
3. Provides input into physician recruitment and planning.
4. Participates in and monitors customer service activities. Receives, researches, and performs service recovery for patients.
5. Manages the critical functions that form the foundation of the Dean Revenue Cycle.
6. Participates in the development of operating budget, as well as monitoring and meeting annual budget assumptions.
7. Keeps Administrators informed of issues and/or concerns.
8. Anticipates the need for change and manages the process of change.
9. Monitors and maintains all established business standards.
10. Creates and maintains an environment conducive to lifelong learning.
1. Oversees the utilization of space so that resources are used to full capacity. Participates in the development of new space or the reutilization of current space.
2. Responsible for working with Administration in setting and maintaining the standards of clinical care.
3. Works in conjunction with care delivery teams to improve the quality of care through the collection, analysis and use of data for improvement projects.
4. Works in collaboration with Administration to design and manage care delivery model that ensures all providers and staff are working to their highest level of training, education, licensure and/or certification.
5. Responsible for the success of care delivery teams either through direct facilitation or mentoring of members.
6. Responsible for the operational redesign of care delivery teams, which will include evaluation, standardization and implementation of cost effective and efficient work for assigned departments.
1. Successful implementation of work plans. Creates an environment where patient focused care is clearly defined. Participates in and leads site teams and work group meeting as needed.
1. Develops and maintains effective partnerships with physician leaders to effectively implement work plans.
2. Coordinates local communication to physicians, advanced practitioners, and non-physician employees.
3. Acts as an administrative liaison to designated medical departments.
4. Integrates the use of telephonic and electronic communication devices and techniques that supports patients, staff, and physicians.
5. Work collaboratively with Specialty, Clinic, and Business management, as well as Clinic Administrators to ensure innovative and exceptional quality care is delivered.
6. Maintains an effective working relationship with related hospitals, clinics, community agencies and vendors.
7. Assist in the development of new services lines and/or programs.
1. Bachelor's Degree with relevant clinical experience and 3 or more years of management experience or demonstrated leadership skills OR an Associate Degree with relevant clinical experience and a minimum of 7 years of management or demonstrated leadership skills. Those candidates with an Associate Degree will be required to complete a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field within 3 years of their start date in this role.*
2. Proven organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving abilities, including the ability to resolve complex problems requiring innovative solutions.
3. Effective communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to present oneself and one's ideas with clarity, confidence and poise.
4. Strong leadership, team building and project management skills.
5. Experience with fiscal management.
6. Ability to use various computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
1. Experience with a medical office practice and associated data collection analysis.
2. Registered Nurse or other health care training experience.
3. Previous experience with medical informatics.
4. Experience with process improvement.
5. Previous experience in specialty assigned.
6. Experience in clinical outcomes.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The ability to enter and retrieve information from a personal computer.
2. The ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, clients, payers, physicians, patients, community leaders and vendors.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
REGIONAL CHIEF NURSING OFFICER (CNO)
Clinical Manager - Orthopedics
At SSM Health, we are driven by a singular Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. It's a higher calling that binds us. Here, we work together, system and providers alike, to heal the body, mind and spirit of our patients. We are united by a shared commitment to serve through faith, humanity, compassionate care and exceptional medicine.
At SSM Health, diversity, inclusion and equality are integral parts of who we are and a reflection of our Mission and values. We believe that workplace diversity is essential to our success. We seek to foster awareness and appreciation of diversity among our patients, employees, physicians, providers, customers and communities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
SSM Health and SSM Health Dean Clinic have care centers in cities and communities throughout beautiful and progressive Wisconsin. Enjoy a quality of life that comes with a location known for its idyllic lakes, wooded acres and rolling farmlands. Wisconsin is a state that has long set a standard for good government and citizenship. Whether you’re planning to make a home amidst the backdrop of the high-tech businesses and acclaimed academic institutions in the progressive small city of Madison or within the rolling hills and fresh waters that lead people to the Wisconsin Dells every summer, you’ll find a friendly, affordable and peaceful quality of life that makes Wisconsin among the best states to live in the country.