Leadership | | St. Louis, MO | Req #: 19001844
Responsible for driving the objectives of the business consultancy, partnering with the administrative and revenue cycle leaders at SSM to plan for integration and optimization of revenue cycle and business applications like SAP financials supply chain and HRIS.
Develop in partnership with administrative leaders a roadmap for the business and administrative application portfolio.
Manages a large system-wide team of 150 FTE's across multiple states and a budget of $25M.
Responsible for the IT business consultancy for supply chain, finance, revenue cycle and human resources, to identify opportunities to reduce operating cost and increase revenue by driving adoption of key application assets.
Own the Epic revenue cycle optimization roadmap in partnership with the CFO and revenue cycle system leadership.
Partner with the CIO and C suite to build the next generation of KPI's and mobile dashboards to enhance the system wide use of data and analytics.
Redesign the data and analytics practice to create a center of excellence around "data as a service" to the business.
Partner with leaders to support digital efforts, optimizing patient experience and accessibility of SSM Health services.
Partner with the VP of IT Consultancy (clinical) to build out the IHT PMO to centralize and optimize PM resources within IHT.
- Understand and exemplifies the philosophy and values of the Franciscan Sisters of Mary and the SSM Health Care.
- Demonstrates and imparts the mission, philosophy, values and vision of SSM in daily activities
- Adheres to the SSM Standards of Ethical Conduct, displaying ethical behavior in the areas of business ethics, legal compliance, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, vendor relationships and the reporting of questionable activities.
- Ensure the overall IT portfolio is consistent with the capacity and skills of IHT and can be supported on an on-going basis at acceptable cost.
- Working closely with the CIO and senior business and IT leaders, establishes a prioritized IT strategy and portfolio, closely aligned with the SSM strategy, goals and priorities, which provides an optimized risk/benefit return on SSM's investment in IT. Includes documenting the business case, expected return and on-going support cost, for major IT investments, together with an assessment of the associated business and technical risks.
- Work closely with system finance and revenue cycle leadership to drive revenue cycle optimization using the Epic EHR to improve coding and documentation, reduce denials and enhance cash collection.
- Implement a common business analysis process ensuring major projects have clearly defined value propositions, together with an assessment of their risks and estimated costs, enabling them to be compared and prioritized on a consistent basis.
- Support the implementation of an SSM IT governance process aimed at ensuring IT investments are closely aligned with SSM's mission goals and priorities, have the required levels of IT and business sponsorship and support, and are tracked and reported on a regular basis.
- Track the evolution of best practice for IT in the healthcare sector and ensure that this is reflected in future project proposals and investments, together with the outcome of any relevant benchmarking studies.
- Establish a core set of metrics for tracking IT performance. These will be used as an overall scorecard for IHT performance and tracked and reported on a regular basis.
- Continuously enhance the availability, stability and response time of the SAP, Workday and other business applications.
- Work closely with hospital and ambulatory revenue cycle staff to enhance the revenue cycle performance of the EHR.
- Supports regional variations based on clearly defined business need.
- Identifies ways to make the SAP financials simpler and more intuitive to use reducing the time required, enhancing the level of use, and minimizing the amount of classroom-based training required.
- Master's degree, preferably MBA with other certifications.
- Independent experience as a consultant providing services in healthcare.
- 7 years of management experience in a large complex IT organization at the director level.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a large-scale IT environment with a complex project mix
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to work effectively across the organization from individual contributors to the senior levels of executive management.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate strategy sessions among peers and C-level executives to build consensus and ownership around key projects.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to boards, executive committees and other governance committees.
- Ability to take a problem or idea from a concept to building an operational functional design by soliciting input from key leaders within the organization.
- Change agent with a track record of fostering and driving change within large complex organization.
- Tenacity and attention to detail in developing the associated functional requirements, risk assessments, cost estimated and in planning and tracking the delivery of approved projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work largely on their own initiative to identify and address key opportunities and issues.
- Recruit, develop, motivate and retain a high caliber staff, have a keen passion for talent management and talent development
SSM Health - System Office -
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.