The Vice President, Pharmacy Services, leads the strategic direction for all SSM Health Pharmacy and medication management services across the continuum of care and system-wide. Medication Management to include all aspects of pharmacy.
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Supervises: Pharmacy related personnel across SSM Health
Interrelationships: Interacts with system, regional and entity leadership, and employees
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Vice President, Pharmacy services must establish strong collaborative relationships with key leaders throughout the organization. The individual is expected to understand and assess the external healthcare and pharmacy environments and to develop short- and long-term plans to ensure that SSM Health is well-positioned for current and future success.
The Vice President, Pharmacy Services is expected to leverage the integrated healthcare delivery model and engage with physicians, other caregivers and SSM Health executives to further integrate pharmacy services into seamless care delivery processes across the care continuum to achieve and sustain improvements in patient outcomes.
The Vice President, Pharmacy Services will have a distinguished record of performance in pharmacy. S/he must be a proven leader and strong business executive with a successful track record of building and leading a pharmacy function that contributes to the overall success of the Health System. S/he will be responsible for developing long and short-term strategies to standardize pharmacy structures and practices.
- The Vice President Pharmacy Services functions include but are not limited to the following: innovation and development spanning the entire continuum of care; value based initiative leadership, creation of internal and external value to sustain the mission; disruption, creativity and innovation to healthcare to be competitive and sustainable; strategic planning; designing, managing, measuring, and improving the medication management system; ensuring quality outcomes through performance-improvement activities; leading drug utilization efforts; optimizing the use of information systems and technology; managing the pharmaceutical supply chain, the pharmacy department's financial operations, and human resources; ensuring compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements; fulfilling the organization's research and educational missions; and providing institutional representation and leadership.
- Leads and directs a team of regionally based pharmacy executives to achieve consistently high levels of performance meeting operational key processes indicators
- Leads and directs system-wide medication management functions across the continuum of care including acute, ambulatory, post acute care, home health and population management.
- Fully accountable for the implementation of medication management related short and long term strategic, financial and quality goals
- Directs and approves clinical and operational objectives for efficient use medication management resources and achieve improved patient care and financial outcomes
- Establishes strategic direction for optimal utilization of internal and external resources to integrate medication management process system-wide
- Responsible for assessing external operational pharmacy industry trends and developments that represent risk and opportunities for the organization; develops short- and long-term plans to respond to potential risks and to capitalize on opportunities
- Implements the most cost-effective organization structure for delivering integrated enterprise pharmacy operations
- Responsible for new business development for pharmacy operations as appropriate
- Maintains an understanding of SSM Health's system strategies and knowledge of the marketplace and incorporates these concepts into the overall plan for pharmacy
- Leads and directs the research, identification, and implementation of evidence-based, cost-effective pharmaceutical utilization strategies.
- Leads medication management with key stakeholder groups, including the Center for Clinical Excellence, Patient Safety, Directors of Pharmacy, clinical pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, nurses, physicians, and other clinical leaders.
- Ensures alignment of medication management with electronic medical record platforms
- Provides direction to Participant pharmacy leaders and staff on operation, clinical, regulatory and policy issues
- Coordinates with colleagues to set the direction for the function of human resources strategies within system office and Participants for medication management related activities.
- Supports system-wide medication safety improvement initiatives at all Participants through process improvement initiatives that reduce variation, as appropriate, and enable high-reliability practices.
- Serves as a pharmacy liaison to system wide committees and other ad-hoc groups to support medication management and to enable two-way communication on medication management integration opportunities and implementation initiatives.
- Maintains external relationships with industry partners, professional organizations
and all Participant divisions, as applicable focusing on strategic business issues, challenges and developing partnership
- Leads efforts to develop and maintain outside customer and professional community relationships that have significant impact on the image of SSM Health.
- Works collaboratively with Supply Chain team in development and deployment of supplier contract, internal/external logistics, inventory and buyer management strategies to achieve specified medication management related goals
- Travels to SSM Health's facilities to facilitate or promote medication management initiatives as needed or requested.
- All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of SSM Health
Partners with the system Chief Nursing Officer and the Directors of Pharmacy
Normal office environment.
Ability to adapt to changing situations and set priorities.
Non-smoking office environment.
Travel will be required.
Vice President - Medical Practice
St. Louis, MO
Vice President of Nursing - St. Mary's
St. Louis, MO
Vice President of Operations - St. Mary's
St. Louis, MO
System Vice President of Payer Strategies
St. Louis, MO
At SSM Health, we are driven by a singular Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. It's a higher calling that binds us. Here, we work together, system and providers alike, to heal the body, mind and spirit of our patients. We are united by a shared commitment to serve through faith, humanity, compassionate care and exceptional medicine.
At SSM Health, diversity, inclusion and equality are integral parts of who we are and a reflection of our Mission and values. We believe that workplace diversity is essential to our success. We seek to foster awareness and appreciation of diversity among our patients, employees, physicians, providers, customers and communities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Missouri - Eastern
From the famed Gateway Arch in St. Louis to Kansas City, Missouri is one of the most livable states in the country. The metropolitan area features a large variety of neighborhoods and communities. With an affordable housing market, trendy neighborhoods, and the booming economic landscape this one of the most attractive areas for professionals. Smaller cities like Jefferson City, our capital, and Columbia, home of the University of Missouri, offer vibrant communities buzzing with activity, yet free of the hustle and bustle of larger metropolitan areas.