Leadership | SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Wentzville | Wentzville, MO | Req #: 18013482
The Vice President for Operations of SSM Health - St. Louis is responsible for assuring effective and efficient operational processes for the behavioral health service line within the St. Louis region in accordance with the Mission and Values of SSM Health. This includes communicating, directing, planning, organizing, and financial monitoring to facilitate the delivery of cost-effective, high quality health care services, in an ever changing and competitive healthcare environment.
The Vice President for Behavioral Health Operations will provide leadership and direction for assigned areas and will be seen as a senior leader both internally across the organization as well as in the community we serve. This position will partner with leaders throughout SSM Health to drive initiatives, programs and services to enable SSM Health to deliver on key initiatives. This is a visionary, proactive servant leader with the ability to obtain support and foster an organizational environment that encourages leaders to share leadership, ownership, responsibility, and accountability to accomplish the vision of the organization. Strong management skills to identify opportunities to improve operating efficiency, growth, profitability, and compliance are required.
- Ensures exceptional affiliation relationships with all SSM and non-SSM affiliated hospitals, clinics, and community service entities. Through the creation of strong interpersonal/professional relationships, sustains existing partnerships and programs and expands them where strategically desired.
- Collaborates with physicians and other members of the health care team to assure alignment of the distinctive patient experience and provision of quality and safe care.
- Assures engagement, satisfaction and alignment of employees, physicians and executives to assure effective implementation of strategic and operational plans within the assigned entity.
- Creates an environment in which effective communication and responsiveness to customer needs are personal priorities. Provides timely resolution and response to customer complaints, concerns and suggestions.
- Assures patient safety by developing and implementing effective policies and processes that are compliant with TJC and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategic business plans within the behavioral health service line to achieve clinical, growth, and financial outcomes. Responsible for operationalizing business plans through effective engagement.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility for the budgetary planning and implementation for assigned areas. Responsible for net revenue of greater than $40 million.
- Designs and implements processes to facilitate ease of access to SSM Health St. Louis behavioral health services, ultimately leading to growth of behavioral health programs at the SSM Health hospitals and outpatient sites.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Strategic, Financial and Human Resource Planning process for the entity.
- Incorporates CQI principles into daily activity focusing on process improvements, patient safety and premier patient satisfaction. Partner with executives to identify common opportunities for improvement across the region.
- Establishes and implements key quality metrics as a means to evaluate the quality of patient care.
- Effectively partners with third-party programs through affiliation agreements to establish and implement standards of care and develop clinical care pathways to progress towards clinical excellence. This includes quality improvement and cost containment strategies.
Creates a culture of employee engagement through commitment and accountability as a means to continuously improve the patient experience and a performance oriented culture.
Responsible for the oversight of effective human resource management for the assigned areas.
Ensures human resource policies are enforced and administered consistently without favoritism or discriminatory influence.
Utilizes timely and effective means of informing and updating staff on organizational, system-wide and industry issues. Encourages and provides opportunity for staff input and feedback regarding improvement opportunities.
Facilitates an environment that promotes team building and collaboration. Motivates, encourages and empowers staff to achieve personal, team and organization goals. Recognizes individual and team accomplishment.
Mentors leaders in career growth and actively cooperates in succession planning. Assists with developing direct reports by providing timely and rich feedback, maintaining accountability, addressing and resolving conflict appropriately in keeping with SSM values, and adhering to a just culture.
Creates an environment that supports shared decision making by team members.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that address hospital and service line functions with review and revision as needed.
- Maintains knowledge and achieves compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements, licensure, accreditation requirements, record procedures and internal controls.
- Directing and administering the operational aspects of the behavioral health service line for SSM Health St. Louis across multiple entities and independent sites. Sites include affiliated SSM and non-SSM hospitals as well as offices and clinics throughout the SSM St. Louis regional market.
- Develops and enhances relationships with community, other publics, organizations and groups that expand the effectiveness of the mission.
- Participates in developing regional policies, procedures and directives as requested and communicates appropriately to ensure compliance is achieved.
- Effectively collaborates with regional support functions of nursing, finance, planning, quality and human resources to achieve successful outcomes for the hospitals, service lines, network and system.
Master's degree in nursing, healthcare or related field required
At least 5 years of experience as an accomplished senior healthcare executive within a large healthcare institution
SSM Health - System Office
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.