Leadership | SSM Health System Office - 1145 Corporate Lake | St. Louis, MO | Req #: 19502990
This position is responsible for providing leadership and overseeing the onsite patient access services managers. The Regional Manager -Patient Access Services Onsite services select SSM hospital facilities and reports to the Director - Patient Access Services Onsite.
Provides a personal example of living the principles of continuous quality improvement whereby decision making is driven by data, and the customer-supplier relationships are facilitated both within and outside the System.
Identifies emerging IRS reporting and tax compliance issues, determines the potential effect on the system and develops recommendations regarding system response for the consideration of the Vice President - Finance and Treasury, and the Senior Vice President - Finance.
Identifies and recommends potential process improvements in areas of expertise, and assists with the design and in implementation as requested.
Provides system-wide information and prepares reports and statements required to meet internal/external reporting requirements and requests.
Identifies potential improvements in system and work processes, and makes recommendations for improvement. Participates in CQI projects as a team leader or member, as required. Assists in the implementation of improvements.
Supervises and trains the Patient Business Services staff that provides support in all areas of Patient Business Services for those duties.
Creates a work environment for staff through team building, coaching, constructive feedback, work delegation, personal example and goal setting that encourages creativity, open dialogue on work issues, professional growth, and a consistent, high level of performance. Encourages and supports staff decision-making within their scope of responsibilities.
Performs any special assignments as requested.
- Ensure facility registration areas comply with SSM and regulatory established policies, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with Onsite PAS leader, Patient Services Center (PSC), and Central Business Office (CBO) to reduce patient access denials and maintain a working environment which remains in compliance with local, state and federal regulations at all times.
- Oversee development and implementation of standardized processes to guarantee the integrity of demographic, financial, and clinical information that is directly related to the registration, admission, discharge and transfer process.
- Direct coordination with facility case management department leadership to ensure compliance with admitting and discharge procedures and management of appeals in coordination with CBO and PSC.
- Oversee onsite patient access management team efforts to ensure timely and efficient flow of patients through the registration process (inpatient, outpatient and ER).
- Coordinate with SSM Information Technology leadership to oversee management of software vendors and to ensure configuration of patient management system meets standardized business process requirements.
- Ensuring timely and efficient flow of patients through the registration process (inpatient, outpatient and ER).
- Track and report ongoing financial and operational performance of onsite PAS, recognize areas of excellence and oversee the development and implementation of action plans within the PAS to address areas of underperformance.
At least 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in health care finance, including a minimum of 3 years with direct experience with (Medicare and Medicaid) regulations is required.
A demonstrated ability to use PC-based spreadsheets, graphics presentation, database and word processing software effectively for analyses and presentations. (Microsoft preferred.)
Experience as a team member and as a team leader on problem-solving projects.
A high degree of analytical and research skills, with attention to detail.
Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet due dates.
- Act as an enthusiastic coach and leader with demonstrated ability to recruit, mentor, train and develop staff, and monitor performance.
- Ability to craft, communicate and align teams to the established departmental and vision by demonstrating the capacity to simultaneously balance both the big picture strategic perspective and attention to detail.
- Exceptional communications and customer service skills.
- Dedication to treating both internal and external constituents as valued customers, maintaining a flexible customer service approach and experience that emphasizes service satisfaction and quality.
- The ability to passionately model the basic values of SSM's mission, vision and values.
The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, effectively anticipate and respond to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment.
SSM Health - System Office -
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.