This position includes first assisting, rounding, and dedicated clinic time. Call would be about every 5th night and every fifth weekend. This is a Full Time Float position between five clinic sites in the St. Louis area.
Providing technical assistance under the direct supervision and direction of the operating surgeon; including intraoperative functions which may include, saphenous vein, radial artery, and endoscopic saphenous vein harvesting, radial arterial line placement; handling tissue; providing exposure using instruments, suturing and providing hemostasis. Performs duties and tasks only under the direct supervision of the primary surgeon and only within the scope of their practice and licensure. Direct supervision by the physician employer remains immediately
General Duties & Responsibilities
Hospital Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies
- Evaluates and clarifies clinical conditions
- Formulates and implements treatment and therapeutic plans for hospitalized patients
- Handles discharge planning and dictates discharge summaries
Office Duties & Responsibilities
- Sees new office patients and completes a thorough history and physical examination
- Presents the patient to attending surgeons, if needed
- Helps to formulate treatment plans
- Orders appropriate radiographic studies
- Performs office procedures
- Evaluates post-operative patients and does routine follow-up visits
- Is available to see patients requiring same-day office visits
- Returns phone calls of from patients
- Handles prescription refills
- Reviews radiographic reports and laboratory reports for abnormalities
- Evaluates, screens and counsels patients on health maintenance and promote utilization of community resources
- Designs, conducts and/or participates in research studies
- Manages databases
- Perform quality assurance
Candidates who have experience working with heart and vascular surgeons involving intraoperative functions which may include, saphenous vein, radial artery, and endoscopic saphenous vein harvesting, radial arterial line placement; handling tissue; providing exposure using instruments, suturing and providing hemostasis.
At SSM Health, we are driven by a singular Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. It's a higher calling that binds us. Here, we work together, system and providers alike, to heal the body, mind and spirit of our patients. We are united by a shared commitment to serve through faith, humanity, compassionate care and exceptional medicine.
AAt SSM Health, diversity, inclusion and equality are integral parts of who we are and a reflection of our Mission and values. We believe that workplace diversity is essential to our success. We seek to foster awareness and appreciation of diversity among our patients, employees, physicians, providers, customers and communities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Missouri - Eastern
From the famed Gateway Arch in St. Louis to Kansas City, Missouri is one of the most livable states in the country. The metropolitan area features a large variety of neighborhoods and communities. With an affordable housing market, trendy neighborhoods, and the booming economic landscape this one of the most attractive areas for professionals. Smaller cities like Jefferson City, our capital, and Columbia, home of the University of Missouri, offer vibrant communities buzzing with activity, yet free of the hustle and bustle of larger metropolitan areas.