SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a 500-physician multi-specialty group, is actively recruiting for a BE/BC Neurosurgeon with fellowship training in Endovascular Neurosurgery and a desire to practice general Neurosurgery as well. Experience is desired but will consider new graduates. St. Mary's Hospital and Dean Medical Group are part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma. Additional details:
- Become part of an expanding Neurosurgery team consisting of five well-established surgeons, one which is Endovascular trained. Additionally, we have 5 physician assistants and one nurse practitioner
- Excellent referral base from SSM Dean Medical Group's 18-county service area of 1.3 million, with a need to expand our Endovascular service
- Each Neurosurgeon does 200-225 cases per year
- SSM Dean Medical Group has a case load and patient population for six Neurosurgeons
- Department of Neurosurgery is located in a medical office building that is connected to SSM St. Mary's Hospital via skywalk
- Currently practice at one hospital; potential exists for outreach
- Call will be 1:6, with a Physician Assistant on call daily
- Hospitalist program in place for medical management
- Competitive two-year guaranteed salary and signing bonus plus a comprehensive benefit package
- SSM St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center, is an award-winning facility and has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital was named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® for 2018 by IBM Watson HealthTM. which spotlights the best-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational and patient satisfaction metrics and data
- SSM St. Mary's Hospital is currently elevating its Level III Trauma Program to an ACS Level II Trauma Center
- SSM St. Mary's Hospital is the referral hospital for the 7 hospital SSM Wisconsin Region. Our Wisconsin Region also counts 4 additional affiliate hospitals in our network
- Madison, population 252,000, consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play, and raise a family
- Madison was recently named as the most livable mid-size city in the United States by Livability.com
- The Overture Center in downtown Madison is a beautiful facility that offers a wide variety of entertainment, including the Madison Symphony, Madison Opera, and visiting performances
At SSM Health, we are driven by a singular Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. It's a higher calling that binds us. Here, we work together, system and providers alike, to heal the body, mind and spirit of our patients. We are united by a shared commitment to serve through faith, humanity, compassionate care and exceptional medicine.
At SSM Health, diversity, inclusion and equality are integral parts of who we are and a reflection of our Mission and values. We believe that workplace diversity is essential to our success. We seek to foster awareness and appreciation of diversity among our patients, employees, physicians, providers, customers and communities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
SSM Health continues to expand our heritage of healing. We strive to be system-driven by our Mission and a pursuit of continuous improvement. Through this commitment, we’ve established ourselves as a leading integrated health care system in the Midwest — recognized by prestigious regional and national accrediting bodies with awards for performance excellence, quality, technology, safety and patient experience.
SSM Health and SSM Health Dean Clinic have care centers in cities and communities throughout beautiful and progressive Wisconsin. Enjoy a quality of life that comes with a location known for its idyllic lakes, wooded acres and rolling farmlands. Wisconsin is a state that has long set a standard for good government and citizenship. Whether you’re planning to make a home amidst the backdrop of the high-tech businesses and acclaimed academic institutions in the progressive small city of Madison or within the rolling hills and fresh waters that lead people to the Wisconsin Dells every summer, you’ll find a friendly, affordable and peaceful quality of life that makes Wisconsin among the best states to live in the country.