Presence is exceptional care that delivers exceptional outcomes. We would like to invite you to share that gift as our new Physician Advisor at SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital in St. Louis . We are seeking a well renowned Physician Advisor who has a proven ability to engage with their medical staff and hospital leadership and who shares our dedication to exceptional care and outcomes. Our ideal candidate would possess the following;
- Solid foundation, knowledge, and/or experience in the areas of utilization management, quality improvement, and patient safety.
- Ideal candidate would have experience with Case Management, Utilization Review, Social Work, Care Coordination and Clinical Documentation.
- Working knowledge of (Hospital) organization & case management operations and administrative standards and policies.
- Ability to build rapport with medical staff and hospital leadership to obtain the buy-in and collaboration necessary to achieve desired outcomes
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is centrally located in Richmond Heights, a first-ring suburb of St. Louis. St Mary's is a 525-bed hospital with distinctive capabilities in cardiovascular and open-heart surgery, heart attack care, a chest pain center, advanced stroke care, high-risk pregnancies, fetal surgery, and the latest imaging and outpatient services.
The St. Louis metropolitan area has over 2 million residents, a rich history and wonderful attractions. You'll enjoy the benefits of the Arch, MLB Cardinals and NHL Blues, the St. Louis Symphony, the Fox Theater, the Art Museum, the Science Center, the Botanical Gardens and the Zoo. The area has outstanding public and private schools, and 3 major Universities.
To learn more about our organization's Mission, more than 24 hospitals, 10,000 providers, and 40,000 professionals visit:
- M.D. or D.O.
- Master's in Business Administration
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Hold and maintain an unrestricted medical license in the state of Missouri
- Meet the requirements (and become a member) of the Hospital medical staff.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of the EPIC EMR.
- Member of the American College of Physician Advisors (ACPA) preferred.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. (ABQAURP) preferred.
- Physician Advisor Sub-specialty Certification by the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. (ABQAURP) preferred.
At SSM Health, we are driven by a singular Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. It’s a higher calling that binds us. Here, we work together, system and providers alike, to heal the body, mind and spirit of our patients. We are united by a shared commitment to serve through faith, humanity, compassionate care and exceptional medicine.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement savings plan
- CME stipends and time
- Additional benefits such as adoption reimbursement
Diversity & Inclusion
At SSM Health, diversity and inclusion are integral parts of who we are and a reflection of our Mission and values. We believe that workplace diversity is essential to our success. We seek to foster awareness and appreciation of diversity among our patients, employees, physicians, customers and communities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Missouri - Eastern
From the famed Gateway Arch in St. Louis to Kansas City, Missouri is one of the most livable states in the country. The metropolitan area features a large variety of neighborhoods and communities. With an affordable housing market, trendy neighborhoods, and the booming economic landscape this one of the most attractive areas for professionals. Smaller cities like Jefferson City, our capital, and Columbia, home of the University of Missouri, offer vibrant communities buzzing with activity, yet free of the hustle and bustle of larger metropolitan areas.