Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing activities and projects of various specialty programs, departments, and clinics within the Ambulatory Network. Provides services consistent with the Mission and Philosophy of the SSM Health Care System and the goals and objectives of the Region. Fosters effective communication, collaboration and networking throughout referring providers, the Ambulatory Network, hospitals and within Dean Health Plan. Directs and manages the planning and operations, sets objectives, staffing, and directs activities of the specialty clinics and programs. Ensures the efficient, economical and quality performance of the specialties and programs to support or provide quality health care services. Responsible for the clinic's overall delivery of exceptional customer service and care. Provides and maintains effective communication with the medical staff, the community, and all levels of supervision and staff. Works in partnership with physicians to ensure customer service satisfaction and quality, cost effective patient care. Works in partnership with strategy, decision support, and marketing to develop and promote the specialty programs.
1. Responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and directing specialty clinic functions. Establishes, implements, and maintains up-to-date policies and procedures to achieve effective and efficient department services as well as comply with regulatory and accreditation standards. Maintains required records, reports, statistics, logs, etc. Develops staffing plans and duty assignments to ensure effective and efficient work flow; monitors continually and makes adjustments to work load to include flexing staffing.
2. Participates in strategic and operational planning of physician network and ambulatory services and coordination of implementation of plan; including volume projections, medical staff capacity/need, financial projections, capital investment and operational priorities.
3. Develops operating budget for respective clinics, in association with Clinic Managers and Administrator. Sets meaningful financial goals without compromising quality. Develops a financial plan, including clinic volumes , annual operating budget, capital budget, income objectives and volume indicators; submit to Administrator within established deadlines. Monitors clinic financial performance on a monthly basis and justifies variances; reviews with Administrator as appropriate.
4. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with medical staff. Serves as liaison and channel of communication between medical staff, health plan, hospital and ambulatory network. Resolves physician concerns/needs regarding quality of care and operational issues. Prepare for, participate in, and follow-up in Department Provider Meetings and management team meetings and activities.
5. Identifies and resolves conflicts and issues which inhibit clinic functions and/or service delivery capabilities. Keeps Administrator appraised as appropriate.
6. Develops staff through coaching, education, cross training and in-service education. Develops managers and staff to assume responsibility/accountability for network operations. Conducts regularly scheduled team meetings. Assures that information (management meeting, patient satisfaction, council information, etc.) is communicated at meetings or by other means.
7. Sets clear expectations via the planning processes, holds people accountable and verifies outcomes. Identifies and reports, through proper channels, illegal or unethical issues. Stands up for what is right despite potential personal or business consequences.
8. Complies with internal and external regulations. Encourages and maintains the integrity and quality of the health center with the community and medical staff through effective communication, example and involvement.
9. Develops policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure effective and efficient work flow and operations, integrate strategic plans into daily operations, and ensure compliance with hospital, SSM Health Care, legal regulations and accrediting groups.
10. Contribute to the development and maintenance of a team environment. Initiate assistance to divisional and department management. Responsible for effective communication and coordination within the division, between divisions, and with appropriate external parties. Through the Shared Accountability structure, insure that all divisional employees have input into and are informed of all decisions affecting their work. Maintain open, informed communications which insure routine feedback.
1. Minimum requirements include bachelor degree in business, healthcare or a related field.
2. Minimum of 7 years of management experience in comparable health care setting.
3. Experience preparing and managing budgets and personnel.
4. Leadership experience in a medical group setting.
5. Program development and strategic planning expertise.
1. Master's degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field.
2. Management and leadership experience in the specialties and programs involved.
3. Process improvement knowledge and expertise.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
REGIONAL CHIEF NURSING OFFICER (CNO)
At SSM Health, we are driven by a singular Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. It's a higher calling that binds us. Here, we work together, system and providers alike, to heal the body, mind and spirit of our patients. We are united by a shared commitment to serve through faith, humanity, compassionate care and exceptional medicine.
At SSM Health, diversity, inclusion and equality are integral parts of who we are and a reflection of our Mission and values. We believe that workplace diversity is essential to our success. We seek to foster awareness and appreciation of diversity among our patients, employees, physicians, providers, customers and communities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
SSM Health and SSM Health Dean Clinic have care centers in cities and communities throughout beautiful and progressive Wisconsin. Enjoy a quality of life that comes with a location known for its idyllic lakes, wooded acres and rolling farmlands. Wisconsin is a state that has long set a standard for good government and citizenship. Whether you’re planning to make a home amidst the backdrop of the high-tech businesses and acclaimed academic institutions in the progressive small city of Madison or within the rolling hills and fresh waters that lead people to the Wisconsin Dells every summer, you’ll find a friendly, affordable and peaceful quality of life that makes Wisconsin among the best states to live in the country.