Surgery | SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison | Madison, WI | Req #: 19002249
Advanced Practitioner - Trauma and Acute Care Service - SSM Health St. Mary's, Madison, WI
SSM Health Dean Medical Group is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our newly formed Trauma Acute Care Service, as we transition from a Level III to a Level II trauma facility.
The Trauma Acute Care Service will be comprised of Trauma Acute Care Surgeons, Advanced Practitioners, and support staff. The primary focus of this position will be assisting in providing high quality care to trauma and acute care patients. They will work closely with the Trauma Surgeons and the Trauma Medical Director. Essential responsibilities of this position include:
- Evaluate patients, including performing history and physical examinations in the trauma bay, inpatient and outpatient settings
- Responding to level I and level II trauma activations
- Performing necessary invasive procedures as directed by the trauma surgeon
- Performing secondary and tertiary trauma surveys
- Ordering and interpreting of laboratory and imaging tests
- Coordination of ancillary staff and consulting services
- Participate in the trauma quality process improvement program
An ideal candidate would have experience in either the surgical/acute care, trauma or critical care settings. OR first assist experience is required to be considered for this role. Candidates would be required to either have, or obtain, active ATLS and ACLS certifications. They would be extremely skilled in invasive procedures. Candidates must be able to function in fast paced environments and thrive within a team approach model. They would need to be able to communicate effectively and collaborate with other services to provide high quality care. Candidates must actively pursue opportunities to improve the quality of care to the Trauma Acute Care patients across the continuum of care.
- Full time position with competitive salary and benefits package
- Advanced Practitioners will work primarily with Trauma and Acute Care Surgeons
- ATLS/ACLS certified
- Position is focused primarily on inpatient responsibilities with a small focus on outpatient trauma follow up clinic
- Trauma department schedule: part of a 24/7 program, no call, shifts will vary between day time hours, PMs, nights and weekend rotations.
- Hospital Privileges at St. Mary's Hospital, a Level III Trauma Center, 350 bed facility
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912. The hospital is a tertiary care facility with 350 beds that is used by SSM Health Dean Medical Group physicians. The hospital and the medical group work in a complementary manner as part of SSM Health Wisconsin to provide excellence in patient care. In addition to inpatient care, the hospital provides a variety of outpatient diagnostic and treatment services.
Madison, population 225,000, consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play and raise a family. Home to the State Capitol and University of Wisconsin, Madison offers residents a stimulating civic, political and educational environment. Boasting an outstanding public school system, Madison has 30 elementary, 12 middle and 5 high schools. More than 180 public, governmental and special libraries are available for additional learning.
Residents also enjoy an endless variety of music, dance, theater, visual and literary arts, including five museums exhibiting art, history, and science collections. Shoppers and diners enjoy an eclectic mix of independent stores and restaurants celebrating cultures from around the globe.
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information contact:
Physician and Provider Recruiter